Agents from many real estate firms will want to show your home. Please allow any agent who calls to show your home at the suggested time. If you are not frequently available, it is suggested that you allow a lockbox to be installed on your door. You will increase your odds for a sale by allowing more qualified buyers to see your home. You do not want to miss an out-of-town transferee because your home was not able to be shown.
During a showing:
- Open all draperies and window shades during daylight hours.
- The kitchen & bathroom should sparkle.
- Open windows one half hour before showing to circulate fresh air.
- Open all the doors between rooms to give an inviting feeling.
- Place fresh flowers on kitchen table and/or in the living room.
- If possible, bake cookies or bread to add an inviting aroma.
- Turn on all lights and replace bulbs with high wattage bulbs where needed.
- Pets should be confined or restricted from view. Eliminate pet odors. Not everyone may share your love of animals. Some people may be allergic to them.
- All jewelry and small valuables should be stored in a safety deposit box or in a locked closet.
- Beds should be made & clothes picked up. Bathrooms should be clean, with towels folded and toilet lid down.
- When you leave the house, please leave it as if you know it is going to be shown. You never know when the right person is going to look at it.